In 1989, Nashua PAL was founded with the mission to create a positive attitude between the children of Nashua and the members of the Nashua Police Department through sponsored sports, activities and enrichment programs. We aim to succeed in our mission by setting goals to:
- Target area youth for PAL programs who live in “at risk” neighborhoods
- Build friendship and trust among police officers and city youth by providing opportunities to interact in positive environments such as sports, activities and enrichment programs
- Provide opportunities for all youth to participate in PAL programs by providing them at no cost
- Promote health, fitness and education while instilling the values of good character
- Reduce and eliminate substance abuse and other juvenile delinquent behavior
Since it’s inception in 1989, PAL has grown to support programs such as:
- PAL FORCE Football and Spirit programs
- Cross Country Running
- Street Hockey
- Community Center
Please see more information about our 16 programs here.
The Nashua Police Athletic League has a mission to foster positive relationships between youth and police. PAL is fortunate to have a number of programs that assist this mission and help youth in and around the City of Nashua. PAL offers a large variety of sports, education, recreational, and enrichment programs to all of Nashua’s youngsters.
PAL relies on the generosity of extraordinary citizens and corporations to provide the resources to keep our youth active, productive and safe. Please take a look at our sponsors page. The Youth Safe Haven, located in the heart of Nashua (52 Ash Street) is supervised by Nashua Police Officers, Nashua PAL staff and a community of volunteers. All activities are directed at helping positive development of young people. the help of community volunteers these officers and staff provide youngsters with proper guidance, life skills, and opportunities that will give them a better chance at a successful life.